Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 15, 2012

How dedicated a puzzler are you?

One of my 'followers' is Matt Hastings. He sometimes emails me to alert me to puzzle apps I may have overlooked. Such was the case recently when he told me about a puzzle app called Nightjar, which is only available in the UK.

Matt has set up Apple accounts in the USA, Australia and the UK, to ensure that he can get every good puzzle app.

At first, I felt bad that I couldn't download Nightjar. Then I remembered that there are about 225 new puzzle apps every week and I don't have enough time to scrutinize them all - though I try.

Matt's stragegy: 'I originally set up my US account so that I could download the Scrabble app, which wasn't available in the UK. I had to put in a full address including ZIP code, but as I've never been to the US I had to make one up so put my address as 1 Hollywood Boulevard, LA 90210! I had to include a phone number too so just googled the ZIP code and used the first business number that came up. I've no idea if this is legal or not, but as I'm not using it to stream TV or anything, I can't imagine I would get into much trouble for it!'


1 comment:

  1. That's a bit more dedicated than I am. I only hunt the world over for puzzles. I don't give funny addresses though. He's a puzzler all right.

    ReplyDelete