Total Pageviews

Friday, December 29, 2017

"PUSH" by Maciej Targoni and Michal Pawlowski

iPhone Screenshot 1
When Maciej Targoni publishes a game, of course it's going to be wonderful. "PUSH" is Maciej's newest game. He and Michal Pawlowski made it together.  Maciej's other games are at the bottom.  I've been meaning to play test this game for about 2 months.  Back then, I solved the first 7 or 8 levels and realized that I might need to take notes about all the features.
iPhone Screenshot 2
The object is to push all the buttons in the down position. Nothing is explained. Everything is self-discovery. Every level has an 'aha' where you must discover what the correct pattern is.
iPhone Screenshot 3
Today I gave it a go for about 90 minutes.  I'm somewhere about level 45. No idea how many levels there are. I'll finish them tonight.

Some of the features:
1. Pink sokoban cube theme
2. Axes that swivel and/or disconnect
3. Black/white ordering
4. Look at image 2. That level is a maze
5. Yin/Yang pairing
iPhone Screenshot 4
"PUSH" is featured by the editors of the App Store. Deservedly.

Update 12/30/17: I finished the game. There are 65 levels plus one spelling puzzle at the end.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/push/id1257416763?mt=8
http://pushpuzzlegame.com/
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rainbowtrain.push
http://store.steampowered.com/app/676430/PUSH/

Other games from Maciej that you must download.
"klocki"
"Hook"
oO

Announcement:
The annual PAGY Awards are fast approaching. Each year, I nominate the best Puzzle App Games of the Year on December 30.  The winners will be named December 31.

Note: the PAGY Awards are very subjective. (Just like the Oscars, the Grammys and the Pulitzers.) The first purpose is to draw more people to the joy of puzzles. The second is to recognize the indie gamers who put forth their best creative efforts. Sadly, many of these games are unprofitable. It's the elephant in the room. But we hope they continue.

 To be sure, I have play tested every single game thoroughly. A constant regret of mine: overlooking a puzzle. If I've missed a worthy game, send me a note, and I'll include it for 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment